Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lets talk about HAIR shall we?

Happy Tuesday Y'all...

(Okay I never say y'all but it just seemed appropriate since I AM living in the south now...)

Any-who...Lets talk hair! I love it, I really am a bit obsessed. I did hair for 5 years...now even though Im not really down with doing OTHER peoples hair anymore doesn't mean I can still obsess over my own!

I have been noticing some amaze new trends popping up all over the net, and even on some celebs that I really dig. Unfortunately the job i have now doesn't allow me to be as adventurous with my hair as I used to be, but I still like to keep my hurrrrr looking fly (sorry for the gangster language, I swear I say the most random things sometimes, its quite embarrassing actually)

Here are some trends for hair that I think are going to be HUMONGO for 2012 :)



Rainbow Bright's Weave

I have been seeing an increase in people rocking rainbow colored extensions, and I must say I do approve. Its super cute, and easy to pull off even if you are not too adventurous with your hairstyles.

Some people are going cray-cray with it and just dying the ends of their bleach blonde hair with all the colors o' the rainbow, while others are still pulling off the trend more subtly by adding a few pastel pieces underneath their regular do. Either way its super cute, and I love seeing people have fun with their hair.

I am also pretty stoked that this new trend is kind of replacing the feather extension craze, because I am so over seeing everyone and their mom with a bunch of bird feathers in their hair. I mean really, doesn't anyone care about the roosters? Hello Green Peace, theres a new cause for you to harass people for money over (Sorry a little bitter, got TOTALLY harassed by a green peace worker in Chicago last weekend...)

(Click the pictures to go to their home on the web)
Little on the dramatic side, but still cute
I WISH I could pull off this beautiful pastel mane

More subtle but still rock star


Cotton Candy meets Vogue


Waking Up Late Never Looked So GOOD

"Dear Top Knot, thank you so much for becoming so high fashion, and adorned. Now instead of spending hours in front of the mirror round brushing, and straightening, all I have to do is gather all my crazy hair on top of my head and knot it. And when people stare at me, I can say to them "Duh, its high fashion" and give them a super bored look like all those super models do...Love it".

For real though, this hair trend is so freaking easy and looks so chic. Its like wearing red lipstick, you don't feel like putting on a whole face of makeup so you just put on some red lips and you automatically look sexy. Same with the top knot, its super easy, and its all you need to looking put together. Its also a super glam style for a night out on the town, or special event. Why didn't we rock this look years ago! I swear my hair would be WAY healthier if I would've known that I could pull this style off without flat ironing my hair EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.

Yay for topknots!

Oh Hey Kim, thanks for making the top knot fab for us regular folk

Model + Messy Top Knot = VOGUE

I usually put my hair in a pony, and wrap the end around tucking it into the rubber band. Pull out a few strands, and voila! The above pic is NOT my hair, but pretty close to how I style my top knot.

This gal's site rocks with hair and makeup tutorials, check it OUT!


Ginger Love

Really what I am trying to say is RED HEADS ARE HOT! Seriously, i am so jealous that I can never get my hair to turn a nice shade of natural red a'la Emma Stone and Isla Fisher. I love red heads, and luckily this is their year because everyone is going red right now and looking AMAZING. So if there was ever a time to be adventurous with your hair color, do it now and GO RED! 

Love the crazy BRIGHT locks

More natural shade, but still fiery HOT

Any blondes thinking of crossing over to the red side? This would be a great shade for you to choose, easy to return back to your natural roots sometime down the road.

Be Geek-Chic with BANGS

I actually just got some bangs, and I love them I really do. They are a simple way to completely change your look without to much commitment. Zoey Deschanel has made this look really popular right now, her quirky style is making guys drool, and her unique style makes us girls swoon.







Those are just a few of the MANY hot hairstyles that are pretty hot right now, I cant wait to see what else pops up this year. I love that hair is always changing which keeps it exciting :) 

Whats your favorite hair trends right now?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...