Saturday, January 28, 2012

10 DIY Home Decor Projects

My home is in dire need of some re-decoration, yet my bank account is quite empty. Therefore, I have been searching the internet relentlessly looking for some great (and inexpensive) DIY home decor ideas to spruce up my casa. Here are a few I have found that have inspired me to get out there and create something. Hope it inspires you as well!


DIY Flora Pillows Via Trey & Lucy (click the photo to check out the tutorial and the fabulous blog!)


These pillows are gorgeous to say the least. Trey & Lucy have posted a wonderful video tutorial on how to construct the pretty flowers that go on the pillows. I think I might have to make a few since my couch is quite sad and bare.

Courtesy of Trey & Lucy...Please click the picture to visit the blog & tutorial


❤2.  Wine Bottle Lights via Taste of Home

My mom actually made a few of these for some inexpensive Christmas presents. My dad luckily is a lover of wine, and so she had a few bottles laying in the recycling bin. I plan on making a few of these for my home, and I forced my husband to hurry up and finish his bottle of wine so I could use it (poor him, I know). These are so simple to, you just basically drill a hole in the back of the bottle, and add in some self-lit Christmas lights. Very elegant and romantic.

Photo courtesy of Taste Of Home. Click to view blog & tutorial

❤3. DIY Wrapped Bottle via Penelope & Pip


So this website just makes me happy in general with its bright and pretty colors, and beautiful design. To make it even better, theres a bunch of cute tutorials on here that are sure to inspire. This one I really liked because it reminded me of a vase I saw for sale at Target the other day, and I really wanted it. Well guess, what, thanks to this tutorial I can make something similar using materials i already have, thus costing me NADA! woohoo, I love that :)

Photo courtesy of Penelope and Pip...click to view blog & tutorial
❤4. DIY Jewelry Organizer via Curbly.com

This is so country chic, and a great idea. I totally have a cheese grater and I never use it (not much of a cook). Now hopefully I will stop losing all my earrings!

Picture via Curbly... Click to visit blog & tutorial

❤5. DIY Rustic Wine Glass Holder  via Theodore & Mabel
This is an awesome idea to hold your wine glasses and save a sad, lonely old rake. 

Picture via Theodore & Mabel ... click to view website


❤6. Vintage Pully Chandelier Via Funkytime (which is an amazing blog btw!)

Another amazing idea, however, I do believe this one might require slightly more time than the rest, but the results are worth it obvi. I actually went to this insane store yesterday, and it was this old garage and the owner just salvages old houses. The area we live in is pretty historic, so needless to say hes got some great stuff. I saw a lot of old pulleys in the shop, which is why I was drawn to this nifty creation. I do think I must make it, and find somewhere to put it in my tiny little house :)

Picture courtesy of Funkytime...Click image to visit tutorial & blog

❤7. DIY Scrapbook Paper Wall Art via BHG

Nobody does decor better than BHG, and they have lots of fun little tutorials you can use to spruce up your living space. I really like this idea because i have loads of unused scrapbook paper collecting dust in my home. This is a cute way to put it to use and bring some life to my bare walls!

Photo courtesy of BHG...click to view tutorial and website.

❤8. DIY Spray Painted Branches via Behind Closed Drawers

I love this idea, I actually live in a wooded area and have tons of nasty branches laying around my yard. Who would have thought they could become some funky decor for my living room? Well, I for one will be gathering sticks tomorrow :)
Photograph courtesy of Behind Closed Drawers...click to visit blog and tutorial


❤9. Tinted Mason Jars via Momtastic
I went to the most adorable little bed and breakfast before Christmas, and they served their drinks in Mason Jars! I was obsessed with all things Mason jars starting that day. When I saw this tutorial, I knew it was a must. How cute and different is it to have mason jars as cups? Again, very country chic.

Photo courtesy of Momtastic, click to visit site and tutorial



I am totally in the market for a dingy, old dresser so I can redo it and make it fab. This tutorial inspired me. They rescued an old dresser, and using contact paper, gave it a totally mod makeover. 

Photo courtesy of Fine Diving Chicago...click to view tutorial and blog


Hopefully these DIY projects have sparked some creative fire in y'all this weekend!
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...