Thursday, March 22, 2012

Garnier Beauty Balm Review





Hello everyone!

I decided since i am a beauty product junkie, that I would start posting some reviews. I have tried it all believe me, and so I will share with you the products I have tried, and what I liked and disliked about them. Hopefully this helps you when you are wanting to buy some new stuff and arent quite sure what product is best :)

I am obsessed with Allure magazine (duh) and read a great article about a new foundation craze that is taking over: Beauty Balm. Beauty balm is similar to tinted moisturizer, but also includes antioxidants that are healthy for the skin, and vitamin c which brightens as well. This is a great product to use as it adds some needed elements to keep your skin clear, but also protects from harsh rays as it includes SPF. I went out to Target and bought myself Garnier Beauty Balm and gave it a shot, heres what I thought:


Pros:

  • Super light weight, my face does not feel cakie at all when I wear it
  • Easy to blend
  • Protects my skin from the sun with its SPF 15.
  • Brightens my skin, and gives it a nice dewy finish


Cons:

  • It doesn't give a ton of coverage, which I do need because of old scarring on my face
  • Does not conceal as well as I would like
  • Gives a dewy finish, but on my oily skin, it can appear shiny at the end of the day
  • Does not last all day on my skin


Overview:
I would definitely use this product daily in the summer when my skin is a little bit more clear, and i do not need the extra coverage. Also, since my skin is exposed to the sun more in the warmer months, the added SPF 15 is a great addition to prevent aging. During the winter months, and the time when my skin is at its most problematic, I will stick with a foundation that has a bit more coverage. This product is great for those of you with dry skin that don't need tons of coverage. It has added moisture which is something that your skin craves!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...