Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Trend Alert: Floral Prints

One thing i noticed from all the runway pictures at this years New York fashion week was Floral Prints. I have seen them also slowly popping up at various shops, and I am reading that this is going to be a big trend for Spring and Summer 2012. Florals are a tad scary to me, as they tend to remind me of the hideous jumpers my mom used to sew me in elementary school ( paired with big, ugly perms and saddle shoes). As I have been reading more and more about this new trend, I found that its actually not that scary when done right. To keep the trend from looking reminiscent of the 90's, pair with solid basics, but don't be afraid to experiment with color for a day time look. I put together two collections featuring a cute pair of floral skinnies from Top Shop. One night time look, and one day time look.



Daytime Look
Floral Jeans Day Look


Elbow sleeve cardigan
$20 - tillys.com

Topshop printed jeans
$90 - topshop.com

Straw bag
$90 - topshop.com

Flat sunglasses
$32 - topshop.com

Pocket Pal
$20 - benefitcosmetics.com





Night Time Look
Floral Pants, Nightime Look


Crochet racerback tank
$25 - delias.com

Topshop floral jeans
$90 - topshop.com

Black shoes
£4.99 - dressrail.com

Marc Jacobs clutch handbag
$495 - net-a-porter.com

Kate spade jewelry
$148 - katespade.com

Sterling silver jewelry
£25 - farfetch.com

Blush in Neon Rose
$12 - topshop.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...