Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 8: Turn It Up



Music is one of the biggest influences in our lives, our moods, and can often be a soundtrack to our lives. Why not use it as a tool to boost your energy, motivation and happiness?


Benefits of Music


Listening to music has so many affects on your mental and physical health that not many people are aware of. Music promotes motivation, can help you sleep, improve cardiovascular health, reduce stress, and much more. Next time your in a down mood, play some music to get yourself pumped up. Feeling lovely? Listen to some acoustic love songs to make you feel even higher than you already are. Cant sleep? A playlist of relaxing music will do the trick.


Make A Playlist


I usually make a different playlist on my Ipod to work for whatever mood I am in. A few examples:

  • Morning Wakeup Mix (to get myself going in the AM- Im not a morning person)
  • Get Happy Mix- A collection of fun, upbeat music to boost my mood
  • Workout Mix- self explanatory
  • Goodnight Mix- Instrumentals that put me to sleep instantly
  • Lazy Afternoon- A mix of chill songs that keep me relaxed, and are a great soundtrack to work to.


Hit The Web


A great resource for playlist and music ideas? 8tracks. Guys, this is my FAVORITE music radio site, WAYY better than Pandora (my own opinion). Why is it so awesome? You can not only search for an artist or music type, you can actually search using what mood your in and literally hundreds of awesome playlist will pop up instantly. When I am a little sick of my usual Ipod playlist, I can head over to 8tracks, type in for example "Sunday Morning" and a ton of fun, upbeat playlist will pop up for my listening pleasure. This is a great site to discover new artist and music as well. Check it out!

Music is and has always been one of the biggest platforms for self expression throughout the centuries. Music can do so much for our mental health, and is a great mood booster for those days when you feel like singing the blues.

And don't forget, PLAY IT AS LOUD AS YOU WANT :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...